Customer loyalty is vital for all airlines, as they seek to encourage passengers to remain loyal when booking their next flights. However, with strong competition within the industry, every airline must work hard to improve the flight experience for its passengers in order to build long-term relationships.
From movies and TV shows in flight to audio books and music, there are many options available for airlines to entertain their passengers. Here are 10 advantages for airlines that invest in a quality in-flight entertainment solution.
1. By offering passengers a pleasant flight experience, they are more likely to use the airline in the future. A good movie in flight, for example, can do a lot to help passengers enjoy their journey thoroughly.
2. In addition to rebooking with you in the future, a happy passenger can also recommend your airline to friends, relatives or colleagues within their social network.
3. On the flip side of the coin, passengers can never use or recommend the airline again if their experience has been negative. Poor in-flight entertainment could make an important contribution to low satisfaction levels.
4. If some passengers are nervous aviators, an interesting and diverse range of entertainment will help to distract them from their worries and appreciate the flight.
5. When the flights are particularly long, passengers can become tired and restless. However, a good in-flight entertainment package will help focus their attention and make the flight time much shorter.
6. It is important to recognize that not all passengers want to be entertained; some will want to rest and relax during the flight. A good solution is the pzizz, a new system designed to help passengers relax and sleep during flights.
7. In-flight entertainment, with its on-screen opportunities, can be the perfect medium for third-party advertisers and could help your company maximize its revenue potential on board.
8. Your airline may also use on-screen opportunities to promote its range of duty free goods, food and beverages to maximize sales.
9. The hiring of headsets for passengers so that they can enjoy entertainment during the flight may also prove to be a useful source of revenue.
10. Airlines are now generating even more revenue by providing rentable portable entertainment systems, such as the Sony PSP, that allow passengers to play in-flight games and watch movies and TV shows.
If you need in-flight entertainment solutions, a package of in-flight movies or a selection of in-flight games may be the answer.